This dress will be the pineapple of your eye--and your closet!
Note: Louise is 5'5 and wears a M, Jaz is 5'5" and wears an XL
100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: sea-blue background with pink pineapples
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- JWJoyce W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased SUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoBeautiful
Bought this one after seeing photos of it on other people. It is more beautiful in person. The colors are so rich. I am planning to turn this into a sleeveless.
- LSL S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGreat pattern!
Makes me smile when I wear it :)
- CPConstance P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XXSUsual Size XXSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoPretty but not for me.
I thought the blue was closer to a denim color.
- EWElaine W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased LUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoPineapple Fish Dress!
This will forever be called my pineapple fish dress after I asked my husband which print to choose and he pointed to this one and said, "I like the one with the fish."
The pineapples really pop against the dark blue/grey background. I usually don't like wearing pink, but the bright pinks with hints of purple or fuchsia work really well with my skintone.
This arrived Thursday evening in the mail and I put it on first thing for my Friday workday - perfect mood booster and celebratory dress to end the workweek.
- GLGloria L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoLove these dresses!
This is my 5th Zuri dress. I love them all.