Kick things off to a great start!
- 100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Black and white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- CPConstance P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased XXSUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoPerfect
This is the perfect black and white print!
- MMMonika M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoKeeping Me On Track
Like I said about A-Mazing in an earlier review I’m not usually about the black and white color palette. But this dress isn’t your regular black and white combo. The white is bold without being bright. The lines on my particular dress in the front are diagonal making it very flattering, especially in the long length. I wore it on New Year’s Eve with a chunky silver necklace and felt elegant and chic without being over dressed. Go ahead and try for yourself!
- YYYvonne Y.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoName is Accurate
Fast Track - what an apropos name for this dress. When I am in a time crunch and I need an outfit that comes together quickly, I reach for Fast Trak. It is with relaxed focus that I grab tights, Chelseas, earbobs and a little sleeveless chemise all in the same color family to wear along with Fast Trak, knowing the stark drama of the print will carry the ensemble. A pleasure to own and wear.
- ABAlice B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 3XUsual Size 3XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoA very striking print!
I just love this print! The strong diagonal lines of the pattern make it both very eye-catching, as well as flattering to the figure overall. The batik printing is well done and the "tracks" line up perfectly, with just enough subtle variation to show that it is hand-printed. The stark color scheme also helps make the underlying geometry stand out in an appealing manner. I can see wearing this versatile print for both professional events as well as fun social occasions - you could make this pattern work for both types of situations, depending upon how you accessorize!
- ILIda L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoStylish Great Grandma
This is my fifth Zuri dress. This grey and black geometric print is a perfect way to show off the Tiffany silver necklace I received for Christmas.
My 34 year-old granddaughter, who owns 8 Zuri’s, introduced me to Zuri.