Health is Wealth
- Pelargoniums, used for intestinal problems, wounds and respiratory ailments
- Marula stones. Marula oil is high in antioxidants and used for the skin
- Centella asiantica, used to treat various disorders and minor wounds
- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Color notes: Pink, yellow, blue, black
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- CACaroline A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 days agoMy favorite Zuri!!
I absolutely love this print. The colors are so vibrant and always put me in a happy mood! The fabric is also a bit more flexible and breathable than other Zuris. I have worn it in quite tropical climates in Mexico, Philippines, and India and been comfortable.
However, possibly due to the fabric type, I have noticed that it has shrunk more than any of my other Zuris. I always wash in cold and hand to dry, but I live in a very tropic/humid environment, so perhaps it has caused some shrinking. But for me, it's not an issue, as I have pants that I often wear underneath, especially when traveling to other countries (as shown in the photo).
- MLMarivi Lerdo De T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Usual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoMood lifter
This dress is an automatic mood lifter and perfect for the summer of Barbie. Its imagery features medicinal plants, so there’s a story behind the designer’s choices. Such a joyful and hopeful print.
- LSLani S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoFavourite
This dress is my favourite. I love how the designer (Louise Kitololo) used medicinal plants as her inspiration to this pattern. It is wonderful and a lightweight fabric that is great for sunny weather. I couldn’t leave the store without it!💕
- BBBetsy B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoPerfect in pink
The brightest, happiest dress I own! The pink is instantly cherry and the soft, light cotton is perfect for summer. Love this dress and all the joy it brings.
- RSrobin s.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoThe Colors! The Colors!
One of my mostest favorite color combos ever!!! Wonderful as always - the pockets, the fabric, the pattern, the length! Thanks, Zuri women!!