Note: Nina is 5'7" and wears an XS, Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL, Louise is 5'5 and wears a M
- 100% cotton kitenge sourced in Tanzania
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We work with an incredible network of fabric vendors in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi to source textiles. Over the years and many hundreds of prints, we've learned a lot about how to select fabrics. We truly have these women to thank for sharing their knowledge and trust, and in doing so, creating such a mutually supportive experience. Learn more about our process and our vendors here!
- LHLauren H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGlowing Beauty
This is one of my top favorite Zuri dresses. I wanted it since the preview and it was a perfect birthday gift when it came out. The birds soar over the striped circles on a moody blue and a light golden orangey background. The base is a glowing red with some black and even brushstrokes of purple. It reminds me of a sunset. It fits like it is tailored on my 36/28/39 frame, 135lbs. The fabric is on the thicker side and I wore it so much over fall/winter/early Spring layered with merino. Highly recommended!
- MJMelissa J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoIbis
Dynamic print with great movement and contrast, and a lovely subtle detail in the background of the print. The base is a deep wine-red, with blue shading and creamy yellow highlights (like a light butter color). The fabric is lighter-weight with a softer, more flexible drape and is exceptionally comfortable to wear!
In my pic, I've pictured it next to Camellia and Starling, in case it helps for color comparison.
- MMMonika M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoRegal As The Bird
I first tried on the standard length of this dress and did not think much of it on me. A few weeks later I ordered it in the long and immediately felt regal and transported to another time. With that feeling in mind I did a quick search on the bird and found out that the ancient Egyptians believed that the ibis was the embodiment of ‘Thoth’ the God of Wisdom and master of time, hence the dress is living up to its reputation. Now back to the present facts about this dress. The cotton is on the stiffer side, even after a few cold washes. I even tried the quarter cup of vinegar in the wash but I did not notice a difference. The color combination is deep, rich and classic, a must in my book.
- RMRupa M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoMoody and striking
It took me a while before I clicked on “buy,” but I’m glad I did. This dress is so unique. I love the rich cool red and the sense of movement in the gentle curving pattern. It can feel quite formal if you wish to style it so.
- MDMelanie D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoLove it!
Although the fabric still feels a bit stiff after a few washes in cold water (hung to dry), I love wearing this as duster with any fall outfit! The red is a lovely deep wine color and it complements the navy teal and "cantaloupe" color swirls/birds.