Isn't It Ionic
Did you hear about the atom that got charged? It’s a pretty ionic story.
- 100% cotton kitenge sourced in Tanzania
- Color notes: Blue, black, white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Louise is 5'5 and wears a M
- Carol is 5’5” and wears a XS
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We work with an incredible network of fabric vendors in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi to source textiles. Over the years and many hundreds of prints, we've learned a lot about how to select fabrics. We truly have these women to thank for sharing their knowledge and trust, and in doing so, creating such a mutually supportive experience. Learn more about our process and our vendors here!
- LHLi Hsien L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoMy new favourite sleeveless
You know the dress is a win when it suits so many occasions immediately. Within a month I was wearing it over my rehearsal kit as I tested my makeup, volunteer photographer at a book launch, and attended two wakes with it as the colours were muted enough.
- ZHZuzka H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks ago'Isn’t It Ionic' is like looking at a beautifully clear night sky full of stars...
A stellar sleeveless Zuri with the colours of the night sky: a black background with white and a bright blue polka dots and star-like shapes... I love that this dress can be worn year-round because in cooler weather it's easy to layer with a long-sleeved T and leggings in contrasting colours or in the same classic palette... I like buying a size that provides a looser fit, for which the 'A' line cut is perfect, stylish and comfortable...
- JMJill M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agogreat lucky dress!
I love wearing a sleeveless with a cardigan as it gets colder!
- HSHazel S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoStriking and cheerful!
I just love the sleeveless Zuri dresses! This one can be worn so many different ways, suits for many occasions. The colour pops and the pattern is so lively. I live buying Zuri dresses because 1) the company's values and ethics.
- EWElaine W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased LUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoEvil Eyes!
Another print I immediately purchased on launch day - I have a love of evil eye motifs which this print reminds me of. It’s simple, yet striking. High contrast so the pattern really pops against the black background.
I also work in an optometry practice and anything having to do with eyes I will wear - very apropos!
Fabric is very substantial so I can see myself wearing this into fall and winter layered with a shawl or sweater and leggings/boots. “Eye” love it!