- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- DVDanielle V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased 1XUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars12 months agoOne of my favourite happy Zuri’s
This is so fresh and light, it makes me feel happier to wear it. I bought this a little bigger and in long for ease and comfort - it’s not as fitted and I can move around my classroom with more confidence that I’m not flashing my knickers. Although my husband says they’re fall colours, I see the spring and summer in this dress! In long dresses I fold the cuffs up once btw. The fabric is lighter with a teensy bit of stretch - great for those bloated days 🤦♀️
- CAChristina A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 days agoMs
Love it. Impressed with how well it is made.
- FJFran J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased XSUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoLove this dress!
Comfortable, colorful, practical, fun. I’ve had many compliments including being stopped in the supermarket!
- LHLinda H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoBrightens my day just to wear this
Fun design perfect for Spring. Quality amazing as usual.
- JSJamie S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoAfrican Princess
Absolutely gorgeous dress! I got so many compliments, I felt like an African Princess!