- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- EWElaine W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased LUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoAlways on my wishlist
This print was always on my mind and I kept returning to it time and again, but there was always another print that would win me over.
Cut to over a year later when I had just purchased Wanderlust - a new print with orange flowers - and was reminded of Poppy Art. Both use the lighter weight 100% made in Kenya fabric. Finally decided to purchase Poppy Art and it was great timing because my size sold out just a week later.
It’s a happy cheerful print and I love the pops of white and green against the bright orange background.
- KBKyara B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoGorgeous
#poppyart: Amazing fabric, amazing print! Zuris have become the only thing I reach for because while the fit is “the same” (actually quite grateful for that), the colors and prints make it feel like something brand new each time. I’ve turned my family members on the dresses as well (pictures show myself, my aunt, and mother)…it’s a zuri-evolution! 💃 ✌️
- MHMuriel HenriquezVerified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoBEAUTIFUL,BRIGHT,BOLD!
THIS DRESS IS STUNNING, SO MUCH FUN TO WEAR AND SO COMFY! LIGHTWEIGHT, PERFECT FOR SUMMER! I LOVE IT!
- CPConnie P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoChic and Bright
This is a favorite! Every Zuri gets compliments every time I wear it, but Poppy Art is one of the special ones that draws oohs and aahs. The balance of the print keeps it elegant, so the gorgeous orange doesn’t glare
or shout. Thank you, Zuri, for this keeper!
- KSKelly S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoLove it
I love this dress and I received so may compliments. I love the long dresses as I feel it is more elegant on me!