Move things forward with this dress!
100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
Color notes:Hues of blue and teal
Button fastening through front
Machine wash cold with like colors
Fits true to size, take your normal size
Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- ALAndrea L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 days agoFABULOUSLY FORWARD
What a fabulous batik. The dress is fashionably forward. It makes me feel confident and ready for the day ahead. This dress will no doubt get heavy rotation.
- JGJanice G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XRated 5 out of 5 stars4 days agoExciting batik print
Waited a long time for batiks! I love these colors and they really pop!
- WSWendie S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars5 days agoA dress of many shades
It’s hard to photograph this one — sometimes the ground appears almost black, sometimes dark green, sometimes a teal. But, it is lovely in each and every incarnation. A triumph!
- ZHZuzka H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars5 days agoBeautiful green and blue toned batik... another instant favourite.
I love the hands-on creative process of batik fabric such as Press Play... this calming triangle shape print in blues and greens is truly inspired... I love the smaller print design, which is suitable for every day wear or it's easily dressed up for a special occasion...
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoBeautiful Batik!!!
I absolutely Love Love Love this Batik print and color. I Love anything Turquoise and Geometric shapes and this dress checks All my boxes. The fabric is a Lovely Mid weight but not stiff. The fit is Perfect. I was so excited to wear this dress I pulled out my favorite Turquoise jewelry to Adorn her with. I felt like Royalty in this dress!!!