Smoke and Mirrors
- 100% cotton sitiba made in Senegal and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-stitched and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- SVShannon V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoA winner
This dress is soft and light, and the muted pattern is perfect to accessorize with or wear unadorned. This is one Zuri dress I would never let go of!
- JKJennifer K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoStunning!
This dress is a work of art! The sitiba dyeing is amazing! The simple, elegant pattern is very versatile. Also, the fabric is lightweight and soft right out of the package. It will be particularly nice to wear in the spring and summer months.
- CPConnie P.I recommend this productHeight 5'5"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoTradition and Style
I love this one! The sitiba dye method is interesting
and I love to contribute to such a monumental element of African art history! It is flattering “on”, elegant, and accessory-friendly to the hilt. The cotton is soft, with an exceptionally fine drape. The usual 15 or 20 compliments every time I wear it. You done went and done it again, Zuri!
- KFKathleen F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 3 out of 5 stars9 months agoNice, but not for me!
This was another case where the actual color was too different from the photos, so I returned it. But I really have no complaints. I can imagine other people loving it, just not for me. I love the return policy for this. Makes me willing to take the gamble, because when I get a match, the payoff is outstanding.