- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Color Notes: azure, green, gold, red, white
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- VFVictoria F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoLove Summer Love
- VSVictoria S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoEasy and Breezy!
This is the perfect transition into Spring dress! The dress is a beautiful saturated blue that reminds me of a summer sky with white, fluffy clouds. I live in Georgia where the weather is unpredictable in the Spring. I wore this dress last week with sandals when it was 80 degrees. Today, I'm layering it with pants and a sweater since the daytime temperature has dropped to 45 degrees. As a teacher, I always receive complements on how bright and cheerful this dress is. It just makes me happy when I wear it!
- RARebecca A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoLove!
Stunning, joyful print! Vivid colors, perfect fit, versatile design - wore with red flats and red earrings, then with black tights and boots - so many possible outfits and accessories. Best birthday gift to self!
- HCHeather C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoSummer fun in summer love!
On par with the quality of my other zuri dresses—love it!!!
- DKDebora K OhnishiVerified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoLovin' Summer Love
I love the dress. All the dresses I love. The only problem I have is I think I'm between sizes. The pockets seem to be a bit too low or my arm is too short. But I love this pattern. So bright and cheery. The dresses in real life seem to be brighter than the colours appear on the site.