- Textile design by artist Shadé Akanbi
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven, printed and stitched in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Functional, hidden pockets
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Care: Machine wash cold with like colors
- Color notes: Black & white
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Shadé Akanbi, who is based in Brooklyn, New York. She also designs exclusive products in collaboration with other artisans, locally and internationally, as well as special momentos collected throughout her travels; curated from local markets to international bazaars.
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- BDBrittland D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoMy first Zuri!
This was my first Zuri purchase and when it arrived, I wasn’t really sure how much I would wear it. It fit differently than I was used to, pretty loose. The off-white pattern had a bit of a pale yellow to it. Now, nearly a year later, this is one of my favorite outfits. It is a chameleon; it goes with black or brown as a neutral, the red seems to match whatever other shades of red I’m wearing. The fit is comfortable, I can be as active as I want in this dress, especially with the deep pockets.
- HHannahVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 4 out of 5 stars2 months agoLike but don’t love on me
I really like this dress but the patches are tan and not white and for some reason that keeps me from loving it. If you like the tan this would be a keeper. Fits and feels great.
- VSVictoria S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoLove it!
I love this Zuri for it's bold, yet subtle, pattern. The red is bright and happy and I like that the lighter color is more peach, and not white. As a teacher, I wear Vanishing Act as one of my dressier outfits for events, but I can also dress it down with black jeans and a tee shirt. I always get tons of compliments.
- BMBev M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 4 out of 5 stars4 months agoThink the white has Vanished !
Is described on the site as red, black and white. The supposed white on mine is quite cream. Too expensive and time consuming to send back from Australia so will see what happens when I wash it. Otherwise fit is great, fabric stiff, but hopefully softens in wash.
- GLGina L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoLove my Zuri!
Wanted something special when I was going to be on stage in front of educators around my state. Picked this dress and I can’t count the compliments I received. I knew it would be perfect and it was! ❤️