- 100% cotton kitenge sourced in Kenya
- Color notes: Blue, black
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Louise is 5'5 and wears a M
- Elizabeth is 5’9” and wears a S
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We work with an incredible network of fabric vendors in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi to source textiles. Over the years and many hundreds of prints, we've learned a lot about how to select fabrics. We truly have these women to thank for sharing their knowledge and trust, and in doing so, creating such a mutually supportive experience. Learn more about our process and our vendors here!
- CNCharlotte N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars6 days agoA beautiful teal
Such a lovely print reminiscent of looking through a canopy of trees. There is a dark prominent pattern (black) and an underlying, finer pattern in blue. So many compliments wearing this dress!
- KGKathleen G C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoLaminaria Review
I love the amazing turquoise color of this dress and the intricate design pattern. This dress really makes a statement and I received many compliments from my friends and coworkers. Sturdy but comfortable.
- VSVicki Semo S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars4 weeks agoGorgeous Color, More Elegant Than My Other Zuris!
I compared the greens and teals of 3 Zuri dresses, both in person and looking at photos from the Zuri Facebook. This is the most turquoise, and it also looks more elegant - the print is smaller and I also bought the Long, and these contribute to the overall effect. It’s a gorgeous dress, and it still has pockets!!
- KCKaren C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoShe's great for a beginner!
Beware, laminaria is a gateway zuri. I've been interested in Zuri dresses for a while, but never found a print that made me say "yes, I would wear that." I am not usually a big, bright, bold type. But I do love turquoise, and the small uniform print grabbed my attention, and I am trying to be a bit brighter and bolder. When I saw Laminaria, I thought "Oooo, I think I could do that one." I wear a lot of black wool and figured she would work with most of my options, and add color in a dark winter season. And she has not disappointed.
I ordered a standard large. At 5'2", I did decide to hem her to a shorter just above the knee length...where it hit me naturally just wasn't working. But I made a matching belt with the excess, so that's a win. Still figuring out if a large or medium is my correct size, she feels a tad more volumnous than I really want, but that could just be me getting used to zuris, and as she is hemmed, she is mine. She has a structured feel, which lends to her formality a bit.
I say she is a gateway zuri because after wearing her, in short order, I find myself with another zuri in my closet and a patchwork shirt on the way. Buyer beware! 😆
- JLJoanna L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoSuch a Vibrant Dress
My Zuri dresses always help me to get through the busy work week. My Laminaria has such a brilliant teal color. I get compliments every time I wear it. I love the soft fabric.